Who We Are
For over 25 years, we’ve provided EPC services for a broad spectrum of controlled environments for our clients and fulfilling all the different requirements of standards and customization. These include numerous Class 1 to 10K cleanrooms, BSL 2 / 3 / 3+ laboratories, sterile facilities and specialist clinics. Our clientele include global corporations, government agencies and renown academic bodies in Singapore and around the region.
Having first begun by supporting our manufacturing clients with cleanrooms, we were spurred on to deepen our engineering skills and technology capabilities when the 2002 SARS outbreak happened. To help answer this global threat, we delivered high-containment labs in Singapore for the bio-medical industry. Today, as a leading specialist engineering partner, we provide our EPC services to the healthcare, pharmaceutical, manufacturing and academia sectors in Singapore with many of our clients awarding us multiple projects.
Innovation is a key factor for us; from developing pre-fabricated panels to helping evolve new business models like a Lab-as-a-Service. We keep pushing boundaries to deliver inspired solutions for an increasingly complex world.
The Early Years
Our Group’s business was founded in 1996 by our Executive Director, Lim Say Chin, Chew Chee Keong and Goi Chew Leng who decided to venture into the engineering business specialising in architectural and mechanical works within controlled environments.
We commenced business from a small office in Ubi Industrial Estate, where we initially took on sub-contracting works mainly for the electronics sector. By 2001, our work scope had expanded to include the full suite of engineering, procurement and construction services. We were awarded contracts from end customers such as Chartered Silicon Partners Pte Ltd, Chartered Semiconductor Manufacturing Pte Ltd, and Hewlett Packard Singapore.
Diversifying our Business
In 2001, we decided to expand our business and explore other business opportunities to reduce our dependency on the electronics sector. In 2002, we made a breakthrough in the biomedical science and research and academia sectors by securing projects for Viacell Singapore Research Centre and Novartis Institute of Tropical Diseases, which were located in Science Park II.
In 2003, we entered into the high containment laboratory space as awareness for the need for such facilities increased with the Severe acute respiratory syndrome (“SARS”) epidemic hitting Singapore shores. We secured our maiden high containment Biosafety Level 3 (“BSL 3”) laboratory project. When We were commissioned by Novartis Institute of Tropical Diseases to set up their four-storey main research facility in Biopolis, which included a BSL 3 laboratory.
Thereafter, we were subsequently commissioned to build two other BSL3 laboratories for Temasek Life Science Laboratory and the National Environment Agency at a time when there were few BSL 3 laboratories in Singapore.
During this period, we continued to serve customers in the electronics sector, garnering repeat orders from existing customers and at the same time, securing orders from new customers such as ASE Singapore Pte Ltd, United Test and Assembly Centre Ltd, and ASM Technology Singapore Pte Ltd.
Growing our Business, Operating on a Higher Platform
With our strong track record, we began to operate on a higher platform by undertaking bigger scale and more complex projects as a main contractor.
Some of the notable projects during this period include:
- A*Star’s laboratory and support space over two levels at Immunos located in Biopolis.
- Drug research facility for Lilly Singapore Centre for Drug Discovery Pte Ltd.
- NUS-GE Singapore Water Technology Centre for National University of Singapore.
- A 21,000 sqm semiconductor testing and assembly facility, which included Class 100, Class 1,000 and Class 10,000 cleanrooms, central cooling plant, process cooling system, clean compressed air system and central vacuum system for ASE Singapore Pte Ltd.
- A manufacturing facility which included Class 100 and Class 1,000 cleanrooms, waste water treatment plant, ultra clean water plant, processed air exhaust system, and bulk and specialty gas system for FormFactor Singapore Pte Ltd.
- State-of-the-art cleanroom facility at the NUS Graphene Centre, where research into graphene, a new material, is conducted.
Our business during this period also broadened to include the design, assembly and supply of laboratory furniture, so as to better manage its quality. A notable contract was the teaching and laboratory facilities for the School of Physical and Mathematical Science at Nanyang Technological University.
Scaling New Heights Through Entry into the Healthcare Sector
- In 2011, our Executive Directors saw tremendous growth potential in the healthcare sector due to the Singapore government’s plans to build new hospitals and upgrade existing medical facilities.
- Leveraging on our engineering expertise in controlled environments, we secured our maiden project in the healthcare sector where we were commissioned to construct ten operating theatres and a theatre sterile services unit for the ambulatory surgical centre at the NUH Medical Centre.
- In 2012, we secured another contract for the construction of one of the largest BSL3 laboratories in Singapore at The Academia at SGH.
Poised for Further Growth
From 2012 to 2014, we secured and completed our largest project worth more than S$20.0 million, which involved the fitting-out of a testing and assembly plant for a customer in the electronics sector.
Other notable projects in recent years include the following:
- The BSL3 core facility at the NUS Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine.
- Laboratories, including laboratories compliant with the Current Good Manufacturing Practices regulations and a technically challenging sniff sensory laboratory for research of fragrances used in personal products, at Procter & Gamble’s Singapore Innovation Centre.
- Facilities at Virtus Fertility Centre, including a fertility clinic and an embryology laboratory.
- Chemical processing laboratory at the Johnson Matthey Singapore Technology Centre.
- Fast track state-of-the-art Class 1 and Class 10 cleanroom project at Fusionopolis for A*Star.
- State-of-the-art hybrid operating theatres at the National Heart Centre at SGH.
In 2015 and 2016, we received recognition as a Singapore SME 1000 Company
Meet the Key People
Our people bring both deep engineering expertise and experience to the EPC services that we offer our clients; expertise and experience that will make a positive difference to your operational efficiency.
Lim Say Chin
B.Eng, Mechanical Engineering, UK
B.Eng, Mechanical Engineering, UK
B.Eng, Mechanical Engineering, Singapore
Chua Wee Keong
Asst. General Manager (Operations)
Dipl. Mechanical Engineering, Singapore
Vision & Mission
To be the leading
Engineering Partner for controlled environments in Asia-Pacific
To provide World-Class Specialist Engineering Services to our clients satisfaction and have a workplace culture where integrity and mutual respect thrive.
We strive to create new ideas and translate them to new products and services to serve our customers’ needs
We devote ourselves completely to meet our commitments
We value each other and recognize that everyone has a unique set of strengths that complement each other as a team
We hold ourselves to the highest standards of fairness and honesty in everything we do
We understand and share the feelings of one another